Recreation Director: Joe Patrick
Office: 315-689-9031 Ext. 9
Town Of Elbridge Recreation Mission Statement:
To provide high quality, diverse, and accessible programs, services and facilities that enhance the quality of life for all ages, cultures, and abilities.
Operating Principles: In support of the mission, the Town of Elbridge Recreation and Senior Programs will readily serve the community providing:
Leisure activities that enhance skills, health, and self-esteem; Activities that incorporate current leisure trends and population demographics; Ways to stimulate growth in knowledge through leisure experiences; Opportunities to build sense of community; A network of services linking the community through collaboration and partnerships, Safe havens where participants feel welcome participating in special events, senior programs, community programs, and youth programs while in cooperation with the local libraries and schools.
Operating Objectives: The Town of Elbridge Recreation and Senior Programs will continuously strive for optimal participant experiences through:
Teamwork: essential to achieve success for our staff, our programs, our families, and our community.
Objectivity: We will maintain a positive approach to all challenges we face.
Growth: Change will be embraced and used to expand our opportunities.
Imagination: We will cultivate new ideas into exciting programs and services
Value: We will understand and appreciate the wealth of diversity in our community.
Dear Jordan Elbridge Little League Families,
It has been determined that Little League is part of phase 4 of the NYS reopening plan. AT BEST, that will allow us to begin practices on June 26th. We must first see a successful rollout of the initial three phases. IF we reach phase 4, we will begin practices as soon as we are given the green light. We are planning on having 2 weeks of practices then moving into the game schedule. As previously mentioned, all tournament play has been cancelled. We will play our regular season for Boys & Girls Coach Pitch, Boys & Girls Minors and Boys & Girls Majors with Jordan Elbridge, Union Springs, Southern Cayuga, Port Byron and Cato Little League.
To ensure the health and safety of our players, coaches, volunteers and families, we will need to follow all safety guidelines set forth by the Onondaga/Cayuga County Health Departments. These guidelines have yet to be provided but we have adopted the Little League recommended safety measures which we feel can easily be implemented (subject to change). These guidelines are posted below for your review.
At this point, we need a commitment on whether your child will participate if we are able to resume play. Please email your intentions to: email@example.com by Thursday, June 4th. Please include your child's age and level of play in your response. Please understand, this is not a commitment to play. This is only to communicate with our parents and to record their intentions to allow their child to play.
If you choose for your child not to participate, you have two options with what to do with your registration money:
Option #1: Parents/Legal Guardians will be refunded the cost of registration in full
Option #2-JE would kindly accept any refunds to be used as a donation to the league.
Thank you for your patience and support during this trying time.
Town of Elbridge
315-689-9031 ext 9
Proposed Safety Guidance
· Only three players and one coach allowed in the dugout at a time (player at bat, on deck and in the hole)
· All other players will sit outside the fence in designated areas (markers will be placed at 6ft increments)
o Players will rotate into the dugout as players finish their at bat
· Game balls will be sanitized after each half-inning
· There should be no sharing of equipment - bats, gloves or helmets. If a bat or helmet must be shared, these items will be sanitized after each use.
· Boys & Girls Minors/Majors
o Umps will stand behind the pitcher to give catchers more space between them and the batter
o Players cannot steal home on a wild pitch or passed ball to avoid collisions
· No high-fives or handshakes to be given throughout or after games
· Number allowed on site will be determined by the Onondaga/Cayuga County Health Department and the limits on mass gatherings (TBD)
o This may limit each player to immediate family only
· Spectators must abide by social distancing guidelines by maintaining a 6ft distance apart and spread out around the field - not congregated on the first & third base lines or on bleachers. This does not pertain to immediate family members in a group.
· Bleachers (if allowed to use) will be sanitized before and after each game
· Any intentional violations of social distancing guidelines, additional safety measures set forth by Little League or behavior code violations will be asked to leave the field immediately.
· Restrooms at Seymour Lofft Park are maintained by the village. All restrooms will be stocked with antibacterial hand soap as well as hand sanitizer